September 7, 2011

Death is not a period, but a comma

Credits to my Cellgroup advisers for the concept.
I have a friend who died recently from cancer. He is our fellow christian, church worker, cellgroup leader, and a man of God. We couldn't believe in would happen. It happened unexpectedly and surprisingly to a man without any vices, healthy living, and of course to a child of God. No one will ever imagine that my friend will have this cancer. We have labored prayer, begging to extend his life. Still, the Lord had its holy decision to take away the life of this brother. It hurts because he is a worker of God, asset of church and really a big loss. I have attended the funeral service today and some mixed concepts that I reflected on death when they testified or shared the moments we had on this brother.


1. Death is not the ending. It is not ended with a period it is succeeded with comma.
2. Death is like a wind coming forth to you, you cannot stop it.
3. Life is so short, make the most out of it, especially together with your love ones.
4. A Christian especially a real worker of God when died is a BIG LOSS but BIG gain for him/her for he/she is in the Lord now
5. Through the process of suffering until death time, we learn to ask more of God and the Faith is being tested.
6. God's glory, power, sovereignty upon us never changes upon the death
7. Everything has a purpose.
8. God's thoughts and ways are higher than ours, just like the heavens as high from earth.
9. Your Life is in God's hands!
10. When you have accepted Jesus Christ and personal savior with all your heart and confessed that you are a sinner and you need a savior and also you lived according to His purpose.... you are prepared even to death comes.
See you again my friend. We will miss everything in you. Your in the Lord now and now you will see this promise of God at John 14.1-6:


Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going.' Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'


Death is not ended with a period but continuously by comma. More to come and amazing is yet to come. Now for those who are still alive like me , lol, continue to live through Jesus and when that they comes Jesus will tell to us, "Well done my faithful servant!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment